Location: Palo Alto, CA
Opes Advisors, a privately-held, regionally-based financial services firm, was named to San Francisco Business Times 2010 list of fastest growing companies in the Bay Area; Inc. Magazine's 2009 list of fastest growing companies in the U.S. and recognized by the San Francisco Business Times, Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal and East Bay Business Times as one of the "125 Best Places to Work in the Bay Area," is seeking an experienced Loan Processor to work in a fast-paced mortgage banking environment.
The Mortgage Loan Processor is responsible for the day-to-day administration of
the mortgage loan process. The primary objective for this role is to support assigned Mortgage Advisors to effectively meet outlined objectives while maintaining high quality standards and compliance. The qualified candidate will be responsible for maintaining a personal pipeline of Conventional, FHA and VA loans in accordance with company policies and procedures and investor guidelines.
- Maintain a personal pipeline of a minimum of 30 loans to maintain set turn-
- Gather and review of appropriate documentation/verifications for compliance and accuracy.
- Run LP/DU. Order appraisals, credit reports, flood determinations and other documents as needed.
- Submission of quality loans to bank/investor for final approval. Follow up on missing loan documentation as needed for approval/funding.
- Responsible for personal pipeline - facilitate the loan file through the process and communicate with all parties as needed to ensure promises are kept.
- Assist MA's with processor related questions/issues.
- Ensure files are in compliance with the regulatory and secondary and investor market guidelines.
- Stay abreast of emerging changes in processing requirements and procedures.
- Achieve established production goals in relation to funded volume, cycle time and customer satisfaction.
- Build strong relationships with Mortgage Advisors and within Operations team.
If you are a top-performing Loan Processor, with proven leadership skills, who is interested in working for a premier Mortgage Bank offering competitive, jumbo, conforming, and government loan products, Opes Advisors is the place for you. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years conventional loan processing experience, and demonstrated success with effective pipeline management supporting multiple Mortgage Advisors.
- Minimum of five years of recent experience as a Mortgage Loan Processor
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a pipeline of at least 25 loans
- Strong working knowledge of Automated Underwriting systems LP/DU
- Adept with current conventional, FHA and VA underwriting guidelines
- Experience with Point and Blitz Docs preferredSuperior customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Strong knowledge of new GFE 2010 requirements and disclosure protocol
- BA/BS degree in business, finance or related field preferred.
By choosing Opes Advisors, Inc. you are choosing to be part of a team driven by excellence and dedicated to success. Also included in this exciting opportunity is a competitive salary and benefits package.
Apply for this opportunity by emailing your cover letter and resume to
Back to Careers