Serving the New Orleans, Louisiana Area
The dynamic growth of Flagstar Bank’s home mortgage business is in large part due to the expertise and experience of dedicated personnel. Cheryl Spies brings 35+ years of mortgage experience to her position as Sales Manager.
Cheryl’s mortgage management experience includes positions as President, Vice President, Branch Manager and Loan Production Manager. Her management skills are supported by a strong foundation working as loan originator, underwriter, loan processor, and closer. Cheryl’s experience in originating more than $30 million in conventional, FHA, and VA mortgages is highly valued by the real estate professionals she aids in serving their home buying clients.
Her work with Realtors® involves more than just mortgage origination. Cheryl has also been a Real Estate Continuing Education Instructor, teaching real estate professionals about mortgage origination to provide a higher level of service in matching mortgages to their clients’ needs and financial situations. She passes along expertise from Real Estate Law training at Tulane University and FHA/VA Continuing Education.
Mortgage origination is constantly evolving, and Cheryl is constantly adding to her education, including courses from the Mortgage Bankers Association, the American School of Mortgage Banking, and Meadows Draughon Business College. Her education and more than three decades of experience are welcome in the service of Flagstar Bank mortgage customers.
Cheryl Lea Spies Awards and Achievements
- NOMAR Affiliate of the Year 2012
- President Council 2011 & 2012
- Leadership of the Year Award, 2006
- Notary Public, 2002
- FHA Direct Endorsement Underwriter, 1987
- VA LAPP Underwriter
- FNMA/PMI Underwriter
- President Mortgage Bankers Association, 2001
- Member of Women’s Council of Realtors & Chairman of the Finance Committee, 2012-2013
- Member of New Orleans Metropolitan Realtors
- Member of Mortgage Lenders Association of New Orleans
- Vice President New Orleans NAPMW 2013