Systems Administrator/Operations Engineer
Opes Advisors, a Division of Flagstar Bank, developed the first real estate decision technology to fuse mortgage lending services with financial advice, providing clients with a personal financial model that empowers more effective home buying decisions. With the added strength of Flagstar Bank, the fifth largest bank mortgage originator, Opes Advisors delivers local expertise with its competitively priced mortgage programs, along with financial planning and investment services from its Wealth Management division. Opes Advisors has over 39 retail locations in California, Oregon, and Washington and has expanded its ability to provide service across the nation.
The Systems Operations Engineer is responsible for the support, monitoring, and administration of the Division’s cloud services and integrations, LAN/WAN network infrastructure, and on-premise corporate systems.
- Configure, support and maintain cloud services (Azure, AWS, Office365, Box, Jive, Barracuda Archiver), including integrations, security configurations, patching, troubleshooting.
- Perform daily systems monitoring, verifying integrity and availability of critical services
- Collaborate with architecture team to design cloud solutions, primarily within AWS, that take into account systems availability, application latency, and SLA adherence.
- Keep up-to-date with emerging cloud technologies, primarily with new functionality deployed within AWS and Azure.
- Automate deployment of elastic, highly available and fault tolerant systems within in the Amazon Web Service and/or Microsoft Azure cloud computing environments.
- Support, maintain, and administer network infrastructure, including:
- Cisco ASA
- Ubiquity Wi-Fi
- Support, maintain, and administer IAM and security infrastructure, including:
- Active Directory in a hybrid cloud/on-prem model
- Monitoring systems security and responding to security incidents; participating in security systems testing
- Okta Universal Directory
- Symantec Endpoint Protection, Symantec PGP
- Cisco Ironport
- Symantec DLP
- Support, maintain, and administer on-premise infrastructure, including:
- Windows servers, primarily in an ESX environment
- VOIP phone infrastructure
- Axcient backup appliances
- Support End-user support team in a tier 2 capacity
- Provide after hours coverage as required by being on call and available to respond.
- Scripting/automation of processes using PowerShell
- Develop, document and maintain standard operating procedures and/or scripts for automation of processes
- Apply configuration management disciplines to maintain hardware/software revisions, security patches, and documentation.
- Participate in making technical recommendations for tactical and strategic directions.
- Conduct technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure based on business requirements.
- Independently troubleshoot and resolve complex problems
- Manage small to medium size projects to implement enhancements within the company’s environments
- 5+ years’ administrator level experience with Windows Server administration, Active Directory, LAN/WAN network technologies
- 3+ years’ experience supporting cloud services such as Azure, AWS, Okta, Office365
- Hands-on experience designing and supporting SD-WAN architectures
- Proficiency with virtualization technologies and multi-tenant, private and hybrid cloud environments
- Ability to secure cloud applications and data against theft, loss, or other disasters
- Ability to work with third-party SaaS providers and third party development partners on integrations
- Ability to implement cloud infrastructure designs provided by architects
- 2+ years’ experience in scripting (PowerShell preferred)
- Ability to lead and contribute to the development, maintenance, and usage of deployment and task automation (OS, database services, virtual networks, or other platform services)
- In-depth experience with Active Directory (AD), familiar with Microsoft group policy and security policy design and implementation
- Familiarity with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts; ability to configure DHCP, DNS, Windows host networking and local and network based user and group accounts and permissions; understands routing concepts.
- Experience administering VOIP phone systems (ShoreTel preferred)
- Ability to act as a project manager as well as technical performer
- Ability to create and maintain auditable IT processes, procedures, and documentation
- Experience working in highly secure and regulated environments.
- Outstanding customer service skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communications skills with both highly technical and non-technical people
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player and work on multiple concurrent projects
- Ability and motivation to learn new technologies quickly and with minimal support and guidance
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and manage project details while balancing multiple priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical discipline
- 7+ years in IT with emphasis on Microsoft and/or network technologies
- AWS certification (AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional is preferred)
- Microsoft certifications highly desired
- Cisco certifications highly desired