Human Resources Generalist
Opes Advisors, a Division of Flagstar Bank, developed the first real estate decision technology to fuse mortgage lending services with financial advice, providing clients with a personal financial model that empowers more effective home buying decisions. With the added strength of Flagstar Bank, the fifth largest bank mortgage originator, Opes Advisors delivers local expertise with its competitively priced mortgage programs, along with financial planning and investment services from its Wealth Management division. Opes Advisors has over 39 retail locations in California, Oregon, and Washington and has expanded its ability to provide service across the nation.
The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior HR management and business unit representatives. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment and employment law compliance. This position requires an extremely perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization. The generalist must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill and the business needs.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of employee policies and procedures.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Partner with front line managers to review and resolve employee relations issues to determine and recommend appropriate actions to establish a positive outcome. Manages and tracks all employee disciplinary action.
- Participates in staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Maintains all employee and applicant documentation.
- Manages and tracks all new hire offer letters.
- Maintains employee personnel files.
- Ensures compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification; periodically audits Forms I-9.
- Review and submit all employee status changes to Corporate HR.
- Process terminations and schedules exit interviews.
- Work collaboratively with all departments on the set-up of all new hires.
- Maintains company organization charts.
- Assists with recruitment tasks as needed (reviews applications, interviews).
- High School Diploma, GED or Foreign Equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Mortgage Banking and/or Banking Knowledge
- Business Acumen
- Good Communication Skills
- Critical Thinking
- Ethical Practices
- Relationship Management
- Microsoft Suite
In addition to a competitive compensation package, we can offer you the opportunity to be passionate about the work you do and be appreciated in an amazing culture that values service, trust, accountability and results. If you’re motivated, excel at your craft and care about making a meaningful difference in the lives of clients — then you may be a fit for a position at Opes Advisors, a Division of Flagstar Bank.