Mortgage Loan Processor prepares and processes mortgage loans. You will assure compliance with bank, regulatory and investor guidelines and customer service standards. Achieve production and quality metrics. Liaison between loan officer, borrower, underwriter and funding. This position requires strong communication skills for interactions with customers, internal staff, brokers, counsel and title companies to respond to inquiries, resolve problems and obtain all necessary documentation required for the file. Monitor overall loan processing cycle time to ensure the loan closes on time. Communicate and coordinate the resolution of issues that delay loan closing timeline.
- Monitor the overall lending process, and identify, resolve and communicate issues that could impact timely closure of loans.
- Order and review all third party documentation, including credit checks, title reports, appraisals, tax returns, verification of employment/assets to identify and address potential issues.
- Review and verify documentation integrity to ensure it aligns with findings, completeness and compliance, and submit loan file to underwriting for approval.
- Identify qualifying/program issues prior to submission to Underwriting.
- Update and verify accuracy of data input into system.
- Verify compliance with Company standards, federal and agency regulations, standards, and guidelines, as well as any applicable state specific and or local regulations, ordinances, etc.
- Check ratios, and verify accuracy of AUS findings and program applicability.
- Obtain and verify clearance of all underwriting conditions and prepare the file for submission to Closing as we will address any Funding conditions.
- Provide status updates to Loan Officers, borrowers and agents.
- Stay current with federal and state regulations and industry guidelines.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- 2-3 years of experience in loan processing and closing activities.
- Well developed ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Thorough knowledge of loan processing and closing policies, procedures, documents, underwriting requirements, governmental and agency requirements, terminology, and automated processing systems
- Thorough knowledge of credit policies and approval processes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Opes Advisors, a Division of Flagstar Bank, developed the first real estate decision technology to fuse mortgage lending services with financial advice, providing clients with a personal financial model that empowers more effective home buying decisions. With the added strength of Flagstar Bank, the fifth largest bank mortgage originator, Opes Advisors delivers local expertise with its competitively priced mortgage programs, along with financial planning and investment services from its Wealth Management division. Opes Advisors has over 39 retail locations in California, Oregon, and Washington and has expanded its ability to provide service across the nation.
Equal Opportunity Employer