Loan Servicing Specialist 1
Opes Advisors, a Division of Flagstar Bank, developed the first real estate decision technology to fuse mortgage lending services with financial advice, providing clients with a personal financial model that empowers more effective home buying decisions. With the added strength of Flagstar Bank, the fifth largest bank mortgage originator, Opes Advisors delivers local expertise with its competitively priced mortgage programs, along with financial planning and investment services from its Wealth Management division. Opes Advisors has over 39 retail locations in California, Oregon, and Washington and has expanded its ability to provide service across the nation.
The primary responsibility is to review trailing documents for accuracy and ship out to different investors in timely manner. Ensure all trailing documents are recorded and Final Title Policy includes all the required endorsement(s). Coordinate procurement of missing document and data corrections with the Closer, Processor, Underwriter or Title Company. Follow-up with Title Companies to obtain all documents, correction (if needed).
- Servicing specialist is also responsible for providing prompt and accurate responses to both internal and external customer mortgage servicing questions, inquires and concerns, received by telephone and email.
- Servicing specialist will also support other team members in ordering and review MSP servicing transfer reports, and all other related responsibilities.
- Opening, sorting, tracking and scanning mail from county recording offices or title companies and updating into the system
- Review Trailing Documents and request for corrections
- Send out the Trailing Documents to investors
- Answer Servicing related phone calls
- Support other Senior members and Team manager in daily operational responsibilities associated with service transfers
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Outlook. MSP or/and ENC experience is a huge plus.
- High School Diploma
- 2-4 years of experience working with mortgages, escrows, loan processing & servicing required
- Ability to quickly retain knowledge of new processes and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office –Outlook, Excel and Word
- Proven ability in collaborating with others
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment, adapt readily to change and move with ease from one task to another.
- Ability to adhere to timelines and deadlines and complete multiple priorities at same time.