Manager, Mortgage Banking Operations
This position will be responsible for the day-to-day pipeline and office staff management, metrics and the execution of the fulfillment processes for Disclosures (TRID), Closing/Doc and Funding Departments in the Pacific Northwest Region. This position will be implementing processes and procedures with effective standards in quality maximizing employee productivity, accountability and effectiveness.
- Manage the day-to-day pipeline for TRID/Disclosures, Closing/Doc, and Funding Departments.
- Manage file flow and service standards.
- Develop and or improve the operational effectiveness to support overall volume and quality goals.
- Deliver on our customer promise and desired customer experience with consistent turn times and process.
- Continuously monitor and renew organization structure to support pipeline turn times and service guarantees.
- Manage and report on daily accountability of actions and productivity of the team.
- Develop and maintain understanding of current products, capabilities and competitive operational practices.
- Actively coach and manage direct reports to ensure effective relationships throughout the organization.
Job Skills and Requirements:
- TRID/Initial and Final disclosures & CD’s, Doc Draw experience
- 3 years Mortgage Banking experience with emphasis on regulatory requirements related to Disclosures Closing Departments. Funding experience is a plus.
- 2 years supervisory experience
- Proven ability and desire to grow personal production.
- Must be a self-starter and self-motivated to meet job expectations and goals.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple deadlines.
- Maintain current knowledge in both state and federal regulatory requirements for real estate lending.
- Prepare, update and control policy, procedure and manuals regarding Opes’ Fulfillment standard methods and procedures. (Disclosures, Doc Dept and QC)
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain and keep current on regulations and requirements in Disclosures, and Closing/Doc Department.
- Knowledge of conventional, FHA, VA, USDA & State specific guidelines.
- Ability to problem solve and exercise independent judgment while displaying a high degree of initiative.
- Proficient with Encompass, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of mortgage banking practices and systems.
- Demonstrated ability to learn computer systems and adapt to new programs.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior Internal/External customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to work productively under minimal supervision.
- Effective and responsive telephone etiquette.
Opes Advisors, a Division of Flagstar Bank, developed the first real estate decision technology to fuse mortgage lending services with financial advice, providing clients with a personal financial model that empowers more effective home buying decisions. With the added strength of Flagstar Bank, the fifth largest bank mortgage originator, Opes Advisors delivers local expertise with its competitively priced mortgage programs, along with financial planning and investment services from its Wealth Management division. Opes Advisors has over 39 retail locations in California, Oregon, and Washington and has expanded its ability to provide service across the nation.
Equal Opportunity Employer