Mortgage Advisor Assistant
- Relieves the Mortgage Advisor of administrative detail and coordinates loan work flow to include screening calls, preparing loan packages for submittal and communicating with vendors, clients and staff.
- Ability to interpret and review Purchase Agreements, Appraisals, Tax Forms and Title documentation.
- Update and follow up on delegated tasks to ensure progress to meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Check timelines on incoming requests and prioritize daily tasks accordingly.
- Process replies on own initiative or from managers dictation or notes.
- Handle all inquiries within licensing capacity.
- Maintain client database and calendar.
- Other duties and tasks assigned as needed by the Mortgage Advisor.
Education and Experience:
- Two+ years of recent experience in administrative capacity preferably within the Mortgage Lending industry. Some college coursework preferred.
- Computer literate with the ability to learn new software applications. Prior knowledge of Encompass preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of federal and state regulations and requirements with emphasis on MDIA, TILA and RESPA reform. Knowledge and understanding of conforming, jumbo, VA, USDA, and FHA loans preferred.
- Understands the loan flow process from application to closing including file structure and loan documentation requirements.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills plus proper telephone protocol.
- Visibility of work requires attention to detail, excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Tactfulness and proven ability to handled sensitive and confidential situations.
- Ability to work well with a wide range of people, work well under pressure and on deadline, and adapt to changing situations on a daily basis.
- Ability to use creative thinking to find solutions to problems.
Opes Advisors, a Division of Flagstar Bank, developed the first real estate decision technology to fuse mortgage lending services with financial advice, providing clients with a personal financial model that empowers more effective home buying decisions. With the added strength of Flagstar Bank, the fifth largest bank mortgage originator, Opes Advisors delivers local expertise with its competitively priced mortgage programs, along with financial planning and investment services from its Wealth Management division. Opes Advisors has over 39 retail locations in California, Oregon, and Washington and has expanded its ability to provide service across the nation.
Equal Opportunity Employer