Sr. Manager, IT Operations
Opes Advisors, a Division of Flagstar Bank, developed the first real estate decision technology to fuse mortgage lending services with financial advice, providing clients with a personal financial model that empowers more effective home buying decisions. With the added strength of Flagstar Bank, the fifth largest bank mortgage originator, Opes Advisors delivers local expertise with its competitively priced mortgage programs, along with financial planning and investment services from its Wealth Management division. Opes Advisors has over 39 retail locations in California, Oregon, and Washington and has expanded its ability to provide service across the nation.
This position manages both the IT infrastructure and helpdesk/desktop teams. The role is to plan, direct, and coordinate the design, installation, and daily operations of computer systems and network infrastructure to ensure the stable operation of the organization’s IT assets. This includes developing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all new and existing IT hardware, software, communication links, for voice, data center, security systems and associated IT infrastructure. This role is also responsible for management of the Helpdesk/Desktop Support function servicing 450 users across 25+ locations.
- Direct a team of systems administrators and helpdesk/desktop technicians; conduct performance reviews and corrective action as necessary.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to junior members of the team.
- Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure IT infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of security solutions, including firewalls, anti-virus solutions, and intrusion detection systems.
- Manage the administration of cloud technologies such as Box, Jive, Okta, Office 365.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for IT resource administration and appropriate use.
- Oversee daily operations of the HelpDesk, including ticket queue management, development and reporting of key metrics (response/resolution times), development of end-user guides and FAQ’s.
- Oversee Desktop Support functions: development of system images, PC/laptop builds, security patching, remote support for users.
- Manage IT asset management, including maintenance of hardware and software license inventory, life cycle management and related documentation.
- Provides “ownership” of problems from through final resolution.
- Plan, acquire, and coordinate installation of hardware, software, and services across the organization’s IT infrastructure.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure IT products and services.
- Assess, approve, and administer all equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of servers, including e-mail, print, and backup servers, and their associated operating systems and software. Responsible for on-site and off-site data centers.
- Manage and ensure optimal operation of all IT hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, UPSs, and so on.
- Test system performance and provide metrics and reports for trend analysis.
- Oversee the administration of user accounts, permissions, and access rights in AD and Okta identity management systems.
- Formal Education & Certification
- Four-year university degree or college diploma, preferably in the field of computer science.
- 5+ years of relevant work/management experience with increasing levels of responsibility and leadership.
Knowledge & Experience
- 5+ Years managing IT Infrastructure, Security or Network environments.
- Ability to manage both technology and people.
- Excellent knowledge of current protocols and standards, including Active Directory, Group Policies, MS Exchange, Core Switching/Routing, SIP, SD-WAN, SSL/IPSec, SAN, Virtualization, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery.
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Server Stack.
- Strong experience with a large Citrix environment.
- At least 3+ years’ experience with VMWare and HyperV technology./li>
- Experience with VOIP and SIP technologies.
- Experience with cloud services such as Okta, Box, Jive, Office 365
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting hardware such as servers, routers, bridges, switches, hubs, modems, network interface cards, etc.
- Demonstrated leadership and personnel management skills.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, we can offer you the opportunity to be passionate about the work you do and be appreciated in an amazing culture that values service, trust, accountability and results. If you’re motivated, excel at your craft and care about making a meaningful difference in the lives of clients — then you may be a fit for a position at Opes Advisors, a Division of Flagstar Bank.