Sr. Loan Servicing Specialist
The Senior Loan Servicing Specialist plays a key role on the Service Transfer team and has responsibility to ensure all assigned operational tasks occur timely and accurately for a smooth and regulatory compliant service transfer out of loans to the new servicer. This position ensures implementation of efficient processes and systems utilization, concentrating on compliance, governance, risk mitigation, cost effectiveness and industry best practices related to service transfers. Senior servicing specialist will perform various operational tasks, with a key focus on data ingestion or output, data integrity, mapping, requirements gathering, developing and implementing data reporting tools for service transfers out. This position works collaboratively with other servicing business units (cash and escrow operations, default and special loans), Customer Engagement and Technology division and MSR Owners to ensure success and the data integrity with accuracy required of each service transfer out. Senior servicing specialist will also support operational enhancements related to servicing system of record processes, data analytics and reporting of servicing data (KPI and KRI) reporting and cross-functional training in the team.
- For Service Transfers, engaged in planning, interaction with client, setting timelines, due diligence review, data mapping exercises, establishing requirements, confirm data integrity, identify expedite and cure data exceptions, generate reports, analyze and review reports and deliver reports to client. Be the lead specialist responsible for successful data mapping and service release activities. Coordinate with new servicer and FSB technology team to keep service transfer project on track, making decisions related to data mapping and flow. Timely complete transfer activities on the master checklist to confirm data accuracy and integrity.
- Support team manager in audits by participating in examination interviews, process overviews and providing requested documentation.
- Work with more complex data problems associated with service transfers, identify root causes, determine appropriate resolutions, update change requirements, educate other team members on the revised processes
- Play a key role in development and implementation of process improvement initiatives for service transfers along with the team manager and business analyst. Provide SME knowledge, perform research assignments, investigate, confirm detail, and provide business requirements. Write up requirements and process flow documentation. Take action on and actively participate in the execution of these automation and process improvement solutions.
- 3+ years of experience utilizing MSP servicing system, including the service transfer workstation, with a bachelor’s degree OR
- 5+ years of comparable work experience in Mortgage Loan Servicing and/or Post Closing with working knowledge of service transfers both outgoing and incoming. Knowledge of key terms and functions specific to the mortgage loan life cycle and specifically to mortgage loan servicing transfers.
- Strong working experience with MSP OR other Loan Servicing Systems and subsystems including, Service Transfer and New Loan Set up workstation, Director, Passport, and implementation of new MSP Enhancements.
- Ability to quickly retain knowledge of new processes and procedures.
- Proven adherence to data integrity and accuracy.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Expert skills in Microsoft Office –Excel, Access; proficiency in Word
- Proven ability to analyze, and provide problem solutions.
- Proven ability in collaborating with others.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment, adapt readily to change and move with ease from one task to another.
- Ability to adhere to timelines and deadlines and complete multiple priorities at same time.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present to varying audiences
Salary and Benefits
- Compensation commensurate with experience.
- A complete Benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision and 401(k) plan.
Opes Advisors, a Division of Flagstar Bank, developed the first real estate decision technology to fuse mortgage lending services with financial advice, providing clients with a personal financial model that empowers more effective home buying decisions. With the added strength of Flagstar Bank, the fifth largest bank mortgage originator, Opes Advisors delivers local expertise with its competitively priced mortgage programs, along with financial planning and investment services from its Wealth Management division. Opes Advisors has over 39 retail locations in California, Oregon, and Washington and has expanded its ability to provide service across the nation.
Equal Opportunity Employer