Staff Accountant – Accounts Payable
Opes Advisors, a Division of Flagstar Bank, developed the first real estate decision technology to fuse mortgage lending services with financial advice, providing clients with a personal financial model that empowers more effective home buying decisions. With the added strength of Flagstar Bank, the fifth largest bank mortgage originator, Opes Advisors delivers local expertise with its competitively priced mortgage programs, along with financial planning and investment services from its Wealth Management division. Opes Advisors has over 40 retail locations in California, Oregon, and Washington and has expanded its ability to provide service across the nation.
The Staff Accountant – Accounts Payable is primarily responsible for processing vendor invoices and payments in accordance with company policies. The Staff Accountant – Accounts Payable is the point of contact for business process owners and vendors on matters concerning payments. The individual in this role maintains Vendor master data and vendor documents.
- Retrieve invoices and route them for approval.
- Enter approved invoices in the accounting system.
- Allocate expenses to cost centers in accordance with established methods.
- Validate expense reimbursement requests are within company guidelines.
- Coordinate the weekly check run and distribution. Enter ACH payment data.
- Maintain vendor records in the accounting system and other vendor documents in accordance with retention policy.
- Document and maintain desk procedures with a view to continuous improvement.
- Provide accounting assistance as needed to respond to financial questions/concerns from business process owners.
Qualifications and Experience:
- High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent
- 3 years comparable work experience
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of A/P best practices
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Strong Microsoft Office skill, particularly Excel (pivots and v-look-ups)
In addition to a competitive compensation package, we can offer you the opportunity to be passionate about the work you do and be appreciated in an amazing culture that values service, trust, accountability and results. If you’re motivated, excel at your craft and care about making a meaningful difference in the lives of clients — then you may be a fit for a position at Opes Advisors, a Division of Flagstar Bank.