Professional Loan Program for Doctors
Don’t let medical student debt keep you out of a great home. We appreciate the caring excellence that you provide your patients. We think helping doctors into new homes matters, too.1,2 We can help you get into a home sooner than you might imagine, even with medical student debt.3
Enjoy these features:
- No down payments on loans up to $850,000
- No mortgage insurance
- Low down payments on loans up to $1.5M
- Deferred medical student debt may be excluded from DTI ratios3
- Purchase and rate/term refinance for primary residence
- 5/1 and 7/1 Adjustable Rate Mortgages (ARMs)4
Contact us today to learn how our Professional Loan program can help you get into your new home.:
1. Borrower must open a checking or savings account with Flagstar to participate.
2. Eligible borrowers include: a Medical Resident (with educational license), Doctor of Medicine (MD), Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS), Doctor of Dental Medicine or Surgeon (DMD), Doctor of Optometry (OD), Doctor of Ophthalmology (MD), Doctor of Osteopathy Medicine (DO), Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM), accountants, attorneys, architects and veterinarians.
3. Only the medically licensed borrower is eligible for exclusion of student loan debt payment to income ratios. Payments must be deferred for 12 months beyond closing date.
4. With an adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM), your 5/1 loan will have an initial fixed-rate period of 60 months and your 7/1 loan will have an initial fixed-rate period of 84 months. After the fixed rate period, your interest rate will adjust up or down according to market rates at the time of the reset. Rate is variable after the fixed-rate period and subject to change once every year for the remaining life of the loan.
This is not a commitment to lend. Programs available only to qualified borrowers. Subject to credit approval, underwriting approval, and lender terms and conditions. Programs subject to change without notice. Primary residence only. Restrictions may apply.